100% Money Back Guarantee!
A 90 capsule bottle provides a one month supply of Brain Clarity.
Brain Clarity helps to:
- Sharpen Focus*
- Improve Memory*
- Increase Concentration*
- Improve Cognitive Performance*
And of course, your full purchase price is guaranteed... no questions asked.
at any age with Brain Clarity*
Retaining Our Mental Capabilities As We Age Is the #1 Concern for Women
If you're over the age of 40, this should come as no surprise to you... it didn't to me. As a working scientist I am keenly aware of how my brain is functioning, and let's be honest, past a certain age I began to notice mild memory problems. (In my case, the math my job requires seems to be taking a little longer.) I'm not alone. Just a few weeks ago, research published by womenshealth.com (a website from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services) indicated that mental decline could start as early as age 45. In fact, for women, a decline in reasoning approached 5% for those aged 45 to 49. And it seems that stress and hormonal changes may speed this decline.
How Can We Fight Back?
As early as 1998, I was researching how to help our mild memory problems associated with aging through supplementation, particularly the use of amino acids. The good news is that medical science believes these 'natural' mental declines can be reversed with the use of some very specific amino acids, vitamins and minerals. So I got to work trying different combinations to see which one(s) might work best for women. And now, more than a decade later and after literally a dozen attempts, I have something that combines proven constituents in a one-of-a-kind formula to help support cognitive functionning in women (and in this case, it works for men, too but at higher doses).
I named it Brain Clarity*, a way to help women of all ages come out of the 'fog' and into the light. With the help of some very clever scientists and researcher I created Brain Clarity; to support normal cognitive functions with my combination of five proven ingredients included in the exact levels found to be effective in study after study.
Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR) is a non-standard amino acid which occurs in very small quantity in the food supply. When supplemented orally and continuously, it has been scientifically shown to help support cognitive health. ALCAR has the ability to cross the brain blood barrier and make a difference on how brain cells function.
Alpha lipoic acid is a key co-factor between 2 pathways essential for cellular energy production: glycolysis and the Krebs cycle. It is also a potent antioxidant that is both fat and water- soluble. Alpha lipoic acid can also pass though the brain blood barrier where it helps protect and brain cells. It works synergistically with ALCAR.
Folic acid and Vitamin B12 are B vitamins that have been found to also be important for optimal genome maintenance and cognitive function. Most women do not get all the folic acid they need through food alone. (www.womenshealth.gov). With decreased stomach acidity or with age, vitamin B12 may not be absorbed as well. Supplementation can help bridge the gap between intake and need.
Ginger root powder to make the formula gentle on your stomach.
Three Steps To Thinking Better
If you're like I am, a woman of a 'certain age,' I urge you to take three simple steps. One, Check the Mild Memory Problems Associated with Aging Self-Assessment test. See where you stand. Then try Brain Clarity* for 30 days. Then, retake the self-assessment test if you want. You do not have too. You may feel sharper and better. But as I always say, nothing works for everyone; we're all different with varying nutritional needs and metabolic individuality. I offer 100% money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, just return the empty bottle for a No Questions Asked refund.
Please, if you've noticed even the slightest memory problems associated with aging, try Brain Clarity ASAP.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
It would be impossible to summarize all the research papers that have been done for every ingredient that goes into Tatalou's Brain Clarity*. Each of the individual ingredients has been extensively studied for years. The paragraphs below highlight the findings that pertain to Mild Cognitive Deficits (MCD). Let's be clear. MCD is not a disease; it is a state that is not severe enough to be classified as dementia or Alzheimer's. MCD is the (annoying) cognitive slowing experienced increasingly after the 4th decade of life as the mitochondria, the brain's energy workhorses, become less effective. Tatalou Brain Clarity is a dietary supplement to help with MCD associated with normal aging.
ALCAR has been extensively studied as an oral supplement for Mild Cognitive Deficits. When taken daily for up to one year at dosages ranging between 1.5 to 3 grams a day, it significantly helps improve those deficits. A meta-analysis summary of double blind, randomized controlled clinical trials (Montgomery et al 2003) include a large group of subjects with age ranging from 42 to 95. Specifically 499 of the subjects in those trials had MCD. They were followed for 6 months and had cognitive function measurements at 3 and 6 months in some of the trials. What was shown is that memory disturbances, learning and concentration difficulties improved at 3 months and continued to improve at 6 months. In other trials, subjects were followed for one year with measurements only at baseline and at 1 year. Overall, results showed that ALCAR was more effective than placebo in improving those cognitive difficulties.
Why does ALCAR work? One of its benefits is on mitochondrial bioenergetics. Mitochondria are small intracellular structures where energy is created in the form of ATP and used by the cells for survival. ALCAR allows the mitochondria to run more effectively in the same way additives in gasoline will help a car run better. ALCAR reacts with the unprocessed acyl CoA that would otherwise clog the mitochondria and allow them to be "pushed" into the energy making machinery. With aging the mitochondria runs rougher and rougher in the same way an old car does. Keeping the mitochondrial powerhouse working is especially crucial for the brain. The human brain represents only 2% of the body weight and yet uses about 20% of the overall energy to carry its duties (neuronal transmission, intracellular signaling systems, sodium and calcium ions movement and vegetative functions, making of protein etc.) Less energy translates into less brain power. But the brain is like a fortress, protected by a tough barrier (brain blood barrier or BBB) that prevents toxins, bacteria and other undesirable compounds from penetrating into the brain. ALCAR has the ability to cross the BBB via the carrier OCTN2 to carry out its mission on mitochondria. In addition to making the mitochondrial functions intrinsically better, ALCAR has been shown to increase mitochondrial DNA transcription and translation which in turn induces the making of new mitochondria, its needed enzymes and co-factors and repair old ones. ALCAR has also been associated with a reduction in mitochondrial oxidative stress and stabilization of intracellular membranes. In the brain ALCAR also enhances the production of acetylcholine and supports cholinergic neurotransmission. The bottom line is that taking ALCAR as a supplement helps the mitochondrial machinery run smoother which has been shown to help with cognitive functions; it is well tolerated and very safe.
However, it is critical to note that dose matters. Studies have determined that the range of effective doses to improve cognitive difficulties is 1.5 to3 grams ALCAR daily. Tatalou Brain Clarity is formulated to contain 1500 mg ALCAR, a dose which has been proven effective.
Alpha lipoic acid (LA) is the perfect sidekick for ALCAR. It occurs naturally in very small quantities in spinach, broccoli, tomatoes or organ meats. The majority of it is made by the body. It is essential for energy production in the mitochondria as part of being a cofactor for 3 enzyme systems. (pyruvate hydrogenase, ?-keto-glutarate dehydrogenase and branched chain ?-ketoacid dehydrogenase) In the process of making and providing energy for cells, mitochondria are also both a source and a target for oxidants. The presence of 2 sulfur atoms in LA either as disulfides (C-S-S-C) or thiols (S-H) makes LA an outstanding anti-oxidant both in a hydrophilic and lipophilic environment. Its S-H form (dihydrolipoic acid - DHLA) scavenges free radicals and recycles other antioxidants to reduce the oxidative stress to mitochondria. LA helps to eliminate the oxidants from the more active mitochondria and helps boost energy production. The combination of ALCAR and LA is a logical approach to help with age-associated loss of cognitive functions. Brain Clarity* contains 150 mg of LA per serving which will work synergistically with ALCAR.
Folic acid and Vitamin B12 are key vitamins that are needed to make new cells in the body. They work in concert and play an important role in protecting DNA from damage, breaks and mutations, events that tend to increase with aging. Mitochondria contain their own DNA which is also subject to deletions and mutations with aging. There is mounting evidence that suggests that folic acid and vitamin B12 play an important role in genomic stability. Folic acid and vitamin B12 supplementation have also been tested on cognitive health in older subjects with mild to moderate cognitive impairment and on healthy ones in a few studies. In some cases, the supplementation was beneficial to cognitive health while in others no effect was shown. Yet, as seen with vitamin D, there is an increasing interest in redefining recommended dietary intakes for vitamins and minerals to go beyond the prevention of extreme deficiency diseases and help prevent abnormalities that crop up with advancing age. Women eat fewer calories than men, and, like the majority of Americans, may not consume the recommended levels of fruits and vegetables. Folic acid is found in oranges and green leafy vegetables. Vitamin B12 is found mostly in animal based foods. Also, with decreased stomach acidity or age, we absorb vitamin B12 from our diet less well. With these thoughts in mind even though she thinks that there is no substitute for a good diet, Dr. Chevreau formulated Brain Clarity to contain folic acid and vitamin B12. One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
- Aliev, G., J. Liu, et al. (2009). "Neuronal mitochondrial amelioration by feeding acetyl-L-carnitine and lipoic acid to aged rats." Journal of cellular and molecular medicine 13(2): 320-333.
- Ames, B. N. (2010). "Optimal micronutrients delay mitochondrial decay and age-associated diseases." Mechanisms of ageing and development 131(7-8): 473-479.
- Ames, B. N. and J. Liu (2004). "Delaying the mitochondrial decay of aging with acetylcarnitine." Ann N Y Acad Sci 1033: 108-116.
- Fenech, M. (2011). "Folate (vitamin B9) and vitamin B12 and their function in the maintenance of nuclear and mitochondrial genome integrity." Mutation research.
- Goraca, A., H. Huk-Kolega, et al. (2011). "Lipoic acid - biological activity and therapeutic potential." Pharmacological reports : PR 63(4): 849-858.
- Liu, J. (2008). "The effects and mechanisms of mitochondrial nutrient alpha-lipoic acid on improving age-associated mitochondrial and cognitive dysfunction: an overview." Neurochemical research 33(1): 194-203.
- Liu, J., D. W. Killilea, et al. (2002). Age-associated mitochondrial oxidative decay: improvement of carnitine acetyltransferase substrate-binding affinity and activity in brain by feeding old rats acetyl-L- carnitine and/or R-alpha -lipoic acid.
- Long, J., F. Gao, et al. (2008). "Mitochondrial Decay in the Brains of Old Rats: Ameliorating Effect of Alpha-Lipoic Acid and Acetyl-L: -carnitine." Neurochem Res.
- Long, J., F. Gao, et al. (2009). "Mitochondrial decay in the brains of old rats: ameliorating effect of alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl-L-carnitine." Neurochemical research 34(4): 755-763.
- Malouf, R. and J. Grimley Evans (2008). "Folic acid with or without vitamin B12 for the prevention and treatment of healthy elderly and demented people." Cochrane database of systematic reviews(4): CD004514.
- Milgram, N. W., J. A. Araujo, et al. (2007). "Acetyl-L-carnitine and alpha-lipoic acid supplementation of aged beagle dogs improves learning in two landmark discrimination tests." The FASEB journal : official publication of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology 21(13): 3756-3762.
- Montgomery, S. A., L. J. Thal, et al. (2003). "Meta-analysis of double blind randomized controlled clinical trials of acetyl-L-carnitine versus placebo in the treatment of mild cognitive impairment and mild Alzheimer's disease." Int Clin Psychopharmacol 18(2): 61-71.
- Packer, L. and E. Cadenas (2011). "Lipoic acid: energy metabolism and redox regulation of transcription and cell signaling." Journal of clinical biochemistry and nutrition 48(1): 26-32.
- Rosca, M. G., H. Lemieux, et al. (2009). "Mitochondria in the elderly: Is acetylcarnitine a rejuvenator?" Advanced drug delivery reviews 61(14): 1332-1342.
Brain Clarity is built upon 5 ingredients that will help support normal cognitive functions:
- Acetyl L-carnitine (ALCAR) is a powerful molecule, especially for your brain. ALCAR is produced in the human brain and body from its precursor L-carnitine. Both occur in small quantities in fish and red meat - in fact, a human would have to eat over 50 lbs a day to get enough for improved mental performance. Only lions and tigers and bears, oh my, eat that much meat! Women tend to eat proportionally less and thus have a scant amount of carnitine and ALCAR in their diet. ALCAR crosses the brain blood barrier and therefore aids in the protection, preservation and performance of brain cells very effectively. It increases the synthesis and utilization of acetylcholine (ACh), a key neurotransmitter for mental clarity, memory and focus. It improves the energy output of the cellular powerhouse (the mitochondria), helps stabilize the neural membrane, and protects both from free radical damage. It is believed to help accelerate the healing of neurons. Dozens of clinical studies have demonstrated that taking at least 1.5 grams of ALCAR per day helped improve mental clarity, focus, mood and memory, while boosting brain's processing speed and cognitive function.
- Alpha Lipoic acid (ALA) is a key co-factor between 2 pathways essential for cellular energy production: glycolysis and the Krebs cycle. It is also a potent antioxidant which is both fat and water- soluble. It scavenges free radicals and recycles other antioxidants to reduce the oxidative stress to mitochondria. Alpha lipoic acid can also pass though the brain blood barrier where it helps protect and maintain healthy brain tissue. The combination of ALCAR and ALA has been tested in animal studies. Findings showed that the older animals had better memory retrieval based performance and an overall increase in activity and energy levels.
- Folic acid and Vitamin B12 are key vitamins that are needed to make new cells in the body and help with genome maintenance. They have been found to also be important for cognitive function. Foods rich in folic acid are oranges, green leafy vegetables and fortified foods. Vitamin B12 is found mostly in animal based foods. By consuming the typical highly processed Western diet or a vegan diet, your intake of those vitamins may be borderline. Furthermore, with decreased stomach acidity or with age, vitamin B12 may not be absorbed as well. Supplementation can help bridge the gap between intake and need.
- Ginger root powder is added to make the formula gentle on your stomach.
Other Ingredients: Magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide and gelatin.
Directions: take 3 capsules per day on an empty stomach with a large glass of water. You may take all capsules at once or at separate times.
Q: Does Brain Clarity contain stimulants?
A: Brain Clarity is completely stimulant-free. It does not contain any caffeine, synephrine or the outlawed ephedrine.
Q: How long before I see a result or feel a difference?
A: Every individual is different. Generally you should feel a difference within the first 4 weeks. I recommend that you use the Cognitive Difficulties Self-Assessment before you start the supplement and after using the product for 2 weeks or 4 weeks to measure your progress.
Q: How does Brain Clarity work?
A: ALCAR and alpha lipoic acid in Brain Clarity work together synergistically to increase antioxidant activity, improve mitochondrial function, stabilize intracellular membranes and support cholinergic neurotransmission. Folic acid and vitamin B12 are also important for cognitive function. (Hyperlink to Research)
Q: When should I take it?
A: You may customize your dose schedule and divide doses throughout the day (for a total of 3 capsules daily). Brain Clarity is best taken on an empty stomach with a large glass of water. The level of ALCAR peaks in the blood about 3 hours after ingestion, and has a half-life of 4.2 hours. Levels return to baseline about 12 hours after ingestion. I recommend that you take it in the first part of your day to maximize the benefits. ALCAR and alpha lipoic acid will cross the brain blood barrier and be at their peak levels when you need them most during your day.
Q: I take prescription medications - can I take these supplements as well?
A: I am not in a position to offer any customer medical advice. Please talk to your health care provider to find out if your prescription medications preclude you from taking the products. As always, please follow the directions and consult your physician before using any products.
Q: I have lots of food allergies. Are there any known allergens in these products, or can I take them?
A: The product contains NO gluten, soy, dairy, egg or peanuts. If allergies are a concern, please consult your physician.
Q: How long should I take Brain Clarity ? Is it safe for long-term?
A: At the recommended dose, there is no concern with long term use. ALCAR has been studied extensively and has been recommended for over 30 years. No undesirable effects have been reported in any of the long term (more than1 year) clinical studies of the main ingredients.
Q: Why should I take Brain Clarity instead of another "cognitive function" product?
A: I cannot speak for other "cognitive function" products. What I can ensure is that the key active ingredient ALCAR is at a level that has been shown to be scientifically effective. Alpha lipoic acid, folic acid and vitamin B12 are included to work in synergy with ALCAR. Brain Clarity does not contain any "window dressing" ingredients, that is, ingredients in such insignificant amounts that they offer no benefits to you. Brain Clarity is made in the USA and in compliance with the Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines set up by FDA to ensure safety. I only want to offer products I would take myself and that I can recommend to my women friends, family and colleagues.
Q: Can I have a glass of wine or a beer while taking this product?
A: Yes. There is nothing in this product that is contraindicated with moderate alcohol consumption.
Q: Will Brain Clarity affect my sleep?
A: If it did, it would be in a positive way. Users of the product have anecdotally reported that they sleep better and deeper. Others mentioned that their dreams are more vivid. Again, Brain Clarity contains no stimulant.
Q: Can I take the Brain Clarity if I am pregnant or breast feeding?
A: Although all ingredients contained in the product are safe, it should not be taken by pregnant or nursing women. No studies have been done on pregnant or nursing ladies. If you have any questions, talk to your health care provider.
Q: You have stated that the products from Tatalou Science are developed with women in mind. Is this a product only for women?
A: Certainly not! This product has no hormones or ingredients that would be detrimental to the men in your life. They would certainly benefit from taking it. Because of their size and energy needs, they would probably need to increase the dose to 4 to 5 capsules a day. You may give the self-assessment before he starts on the formula so you can track your progress together.
Q: What is the function of the other ingredients - magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide?
A: These ingredients are added to the mixture of the functional ingredients so the powder mixes better in the blender and flows evenly in the encapsulation machine.
I created this product with excellent ingredients and science for myself, my women friends and their friends. However we are all different and your satisfaction is my number one goal. If you are not completely satisfied with Brain Clarity , just return the Brain Clarity container within 60 days of the date of purchase for a full refund.
To return your purchase of Tatalou Product, securely package the bottle with its unused portion of the product and mail it to the address below. To receive your refund, you must provide the name, address, phone number and e-mail address of the purchaser, along with the details of the credit card used for the purchase. After verification, the purchase price will be credited to the appropriate credit card.
Tatalou Science LLC
1075 E 1965 S (Hollywood ave)
Salt Lake City, UT 84105